By Yolanda Malembe
Being natural involves a lot self-love & embracing your hair’s natural texture and the way it moves and feels in different conditions. One very real and unavoidable part of the natural hair journey is shrinkage.
So what causes it any way? Well, it’s quite simple really. When curly hair comes into contact with moisture, it’s will revert back to its natural state. The tighter your curl pattern, the more your hair will be likely to shrink.
We’re telling you why it’s actually a good thing!
- Shrinkage is a sign of healthy and nourished hair. Your hair is more flexible and elasticity.
- The versatility! With the magic of shrinkage; you can achieve short & fun looks with your hair without having to cut it.
- It’s getting warmer and the ease of a wash & go is the best thing when you don’t feel like fussing over your curls.
- It brings out your face & makes you look younger
- It’s always so fun to confuse people about the true length of your hair. Natural hair is so interesting as it never looks the exact same on any 2 days